The PRIMEdge Ergo Steel III Plus is a fast and easy way to straighten and restore those knife edges for razor-sharp performance. The Ergo Steel III Plus is an edge maintenance tool used on the production floor.
Throughout the day, as a knife edge dulls, the operator can slide the blade through the unique spring-tensioned rods of the Ergo Steel III Plus and straighten the edge in a matter of seconds.
During normal use the knife may lose its edge and not be able to be brought back through use of an edge maintenance device. Simply draw the blade through the thinning insert several times to thin the blade. Using the new Ergo Steel III Plus gives you the ability to bring the knife back to its thinned condition without leaving the workstation, thereby maintaining a razor sharp edge between sharpening.
The Ergo Steel III PLUS consists of a pair of pivoting,hardened rods on a food grade, molded polypropylene base with an integrated carbide insert for thinning a blunt knife edge. Our carbide insert is machined as one piece to maintain the correct angle-never needs adjustment. Under each pivoting rod, fully enclosed spring mechanisms provide the perfect amount of tension between the knife edge and the rods. Both sides of the edge are straightened simultaneously, assuring a perfect edge in seconds.
Requires no training to use, the Ergo Steel III Plus can be hand-held or work-station mounted by using the optional HES-3B Bracket.
- A perfect edge in seconds.
- Aligns both sides of the blade simultaneously.
- Integrated carbide insert designed to thin a blunt knife edge.
- Fixed carbide insert maintains proper angle-never needs adjustment.
- Straightens and prolongs the edge life of all knives.
- Can be hand-held or bench-mounted.
- Safety-Shield handle provides comfortable and safe, right or left handed use.